Actively Northwest shows links to fifteen sites showing activities. The list is family oriented, but not just for going with kids. Lots of ideas.
Highlights from their list:
- Adventure Awaits - Washington State Parks posts an active idea - highlights a park - sometimes weekly, sometimes not.
- NW Trip Finder - Camping and non camping ideas from BC to Oregon. Small Towns - Lots on camping - Oregon Coast and Wine tasting.
- Timber - hiking
- Hiking with My Brother - hiking. They do excellent maps.
- Snow-free winter hikes on I-90 corridor
Regional Guides hosted by Seattle Times. They are very rich with recent and relevant features:
Update: May, 2015
Ten free things/ideas to do = Seattle Times
Shakespeare in the parks summer 2015:
- Greenstage July 10 to Aug 15. Most, but not all, are in Seattle parks.
- Wooden O of Seattle Shakespeare, July 9 to Aug 9. Seattle east to Issaquah and north to Lynnwood.
Year-round - Festal at Seattle Center has over 20 ethnic festivals. Plus the big one: Folklife Festival every Memorial Day weekend from noon Friday till Monday evening