Spring hiking east of the Cascades: The hikes featured are around Spokane and the far-east part of Washington. But at the end is a list of other highlight areas mostly closer.
The far east:
• Mount Spokane State Park
• Riverside State Park in Spokane - the Bowl and Pitcher area
• Riverside State Park - the Ninemile area - Deep Creek Canyon to the Pine Bluffs
• Spokane - South Hill Bluffs
• Whitman County’s Kamiak Butte east of Colfax
• BLM’s Escure Ranch area south of Sprague, Lincoln County
• North Fork Asotin Creek in the Asotin Creek State Wildlife Recreation Area south of Asotin.
• Coeur d’Alene, Idaho - Tubbs Hill from the Coeur d’Alene Resort and Mineral Ridge out of Wolf Lodge Bay.
Closer to Seattle:
• Steamboat Rock and Northrup Canyon in Steamboat Rock State Park.
• Ancient Lakes in the Quincy State Wildlife Recreation Area near Quincy.
• Yakima Skyline Trail in the L.T. Murray State Wildlife Recreation Area near Yakima.
• Lake Chelan Shoreline Trail in the Lake Chelan National Recreation Area.